You must be aware of which fruits you should definitely want to avoid during pregnancy to keep your baby and you safe. Try to follow the nutritious diet which is important for maintaining a healthy and safe pregnancy. If your immune system is weakened during pregnancy we were more susceptible to the harmful effects of bacteria. Today in this article we will explain you the avoidable fruits during pregnancy which has bad effects on your health.
Avoidable Fruits During Pregnancy
Fruits are one of the best food during pregnancy and most of the fruits are fine to eat during pregnancy as long it is washed properly. As you know very well unwashed fruits contain pesticide residue which has harmful effects on your body. Try to eat washed, clean or fresh fruits during pregnancy to keep your baby safe and healthy.
1. Unripe Papaya
As we know unripe papaya contains a latex substance that can trigger uterine contractions which may be harmful. The latex which is found in unripe papaya acts as the hormones which involved in the start of labor. So its better to avoid unripe papaya during pregnancy to avoid miscarriage or other problems.
- The papain on unripe papaya is a proteolytic enzyme which can cause cell dissociation.
- It affects the blood sugar levels in the body and it is unsafe to eat papaya if you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
Grapes are very known fruits and it is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. It has many advantages during pregnancy for both the mother and a child and improves the immunity. But still, some arguments exits eating grapes during pregnancy is good or bad.
- Grapes contain a Resveratrol a natural compound found on the grapes skin which is poisonous and has some harmful reaction to the pregnant ladies whose hormones is imbalanced. The Resveratrol poison can cause several complications in the course of pregnancy.
- It may develop constipation among pregnant women because the skin of grapes is a little tough to be digested properly.
- Grapes which are grown using pesticides no doubt will harm your unborn baby.
It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, proteins. You should avoid eating pineapple during the early stage of pregnancy from the enfeebling cervix.
- This is because of enzymes present in the pineapple cause weakening of the cervix results in preterm labor or maybe a miscarriage.
- It can trigger uterine contractions which is harmful to the growing uterus.
- Pineapple is considered hot food or hot food cause miscarriage so try to avoid these fruits.
Other Foods Items Avoided During Pregnancy
1. Raw Eggs
Foods items which contain raw eggs should avoid during pregnancy. Raw eggs contain salmonella bacteria that may cause diarrhea or vomiting or many health issues.
It contains some traces of mercury varieties can cause fetal brain damage swordfish, the shark is in this category.
3. Artificial Sweeteners
It is a sugar substitute most of the people say it is not harmful which is untrue. Artificial sweeteners like saccharin are unsafe for pregnant women.
4. Herbal Teas
You should take advice from the doctor before taking herbal tea like sienna, wormwood etc during pregnancy.
5. Unwashed Fruits & Vegetables
If you have a habit to eat raw fruits and vegetables you need to change this habit. Harmful pesticides and other chemicals are present on the skin of the fruits and vegetables can cause serious damage to the developing fetus.[ Also, Read- Avoidable Foods During Pregnancy ]
Eatable Foods During Pregnancy
- Fresh vegetables and fruits like apple, orange, melon, cabbage, sweet potatoes, spinach etc.
- Dairy products like milk and yogurts and cooked soft blue cheese.
- Grains and cereals like rice, wheat, bread etc.
- Fat-free red meat, chicken breasts, etc.
Usually, fruits are good during pregnancy. But there are few avoidable fruits during pregnancy which are not good while pregnant. During pregnancy, you can’t take any risk. Always be in a safe side and make sure you consult with your doctor for any crucial decisions in pregnancy.